Cathy Glasson’s secret ally, America’s largest Marxist organization, the 37,000-strong Democratic Socialists of America (DSA), may be the deciding factor.
Currently polling second in Iowa’s Democratic gubernatorial primary, Iowa City nurse Cathy Glasson may do better than expected in the June 5 primary. If she can hold her main opponent, Des Moines businessman Fred Hubbell to less than 35% on Tuesday, the nominee will be decided in a party convention.
If that happens, Cathy Glasson’s secret ally, America’s largest Marxist organization, the 37,000-strong Democratic Socialists of America (DSA), could be the deciding factor.
Despite the word “Democratic” in its name, DSA is anything but. DSA wants to close all prisons, abolish the police, completely socialize all healthcare and nationalize all but the smallest of private businesses and farms.
DSA is more extreme than the Communist Party.
DSA has so infiltrated the Iowa Democratic Party that they would control around 20% of the delegates to such a convention. In several counties across Iowa (including Glasson’s home base Johnson County) the local Democratic committee is DSA-led. The Iowa Democratic Progressive Caucus is completely controlled by DSA supporters such as Ryan Rogers, Eva McBride, Holly Herbert, Abshir Omar, Amanda Malaski and Brian Josephson.
Glasson’s campaign is also top-to-bottom infiltrated by DSA members, including:
- Michael Fasullo, an organizer at Cathy Glasson for Governor, a DSA supporter
- Jason Frerichs, a leader of Iowa’s Progressive Leaders for Cathy Glasson. DSA supporter
- Chris Laursen, a leader of Iowa’s Progressive Leaders for Cathy Glasson. Iowa City DSA executive committee member
- Margo Rose O’Neill, Cathy Glasson for Governor “Coffee Getter”,and DSA supporter
- Misty Rebik, Cathy Glasson surrogate, Iowa City, DSA supporter
- Kate Revaux, Political Director of Cathy Glasson for Governor, leader of of Iowa’s Progressive Leaders for Cathy Glasson. DSA supporter.
- Brian Shepherd, Glasson’s campaign manager, DSA supporter.
- Norra Taft, Glasson’s special assistant for communications, DSA supporter.
All of Iowa’s DSA main locals (Cedar Rapids DSA, Central Iowa DSA [Des Moines], Dubuque County Democratic Socialists, Heart of Iowa DSA [Ames], Iowa City DSA and Quad Cities DSA) are supporting Cathy Glasson’s campaign.
See the full story here.
Want more BFT? Leave us a voicemail on our page or follow us on Twitter @BFT_Podcast and Facebook @BluntForceTruthPodcast. We want to hear from you! There’s no better place to get the #BluntForceTruth.