The Trump administration is being widely accused by the fake news of refusing to acknowledge the Armenian genocide at the behest of Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
In actuality, President Trump has acknowledged the historical slaughter of Armenians by the Ottoman Empire. He has not changed his position based on a resolution that was passed by the Senate acknowledging the Armenian genocide last week.
“The position of the Administration has not changed,” said White House spokesperson Morgan Ortagus in a statement to the Hill. “Our views are reflected in the President’s definitive statement on the issue from last April.”
Trump said during Armenian Remembrance Day on April 24 that 1.5 million Armenians were “deported, massacred or marched to their deaths” starting in 1915 by the Ottoman Empire. He did not refer to the incident as a genocide, but never denied that the slaughter in fact occurred.
Read the full story from Big League Politics
Want more BFT? Leave us a voicemail on our page or follow us on Twitter @BFT_Podcast and Facebook @BluntForceTruthPodcast. We want to hear from you! There’s no better place to get the #BluntForceTruth.