Montgomery County, MD has allegedly let an illegal alien accused of rape walk on bail despite having a detainer on file, according to ICE.
Rodrigo Castro-Montejo, 25, was accused of raping an intoxicated woman last week, and the Salvadorean national walked from jail after posting $1,000 bail. He is now a free man walking the streets awaiting his court appearance on Sept. 6.
NEW: @ICEgov accuses Montgomery County, Md. of releasing an undocumented immigrant accused of rape from jail despite a detainer on file.
Rodrigo Castro-Montejo allegedly raped an intoxicated woman last week. The 25yo Salvadoran national posted $1,000 for his release, docs show. pic.twitter.com/WKl7ylTET7
— Kevin Lewis (@ABC7Kevin) August 19, 2019
An executive order issued less than a month ago in Montgomery County gave the county sanctuary status. County Executive Mark Elrich signed the executive order in July that banned all county support toward enforcing immigration law.
“We don’t interact with ICE. We don’t contact ICE nor do we ask any of our residents in Montgomery county about their immigration status in the United States,” Acting Montgomery County Police Chief Marcus Jones said.
“I feel pretty sure that most Montgomery county residents don’t agree with the president’s immigration policy such as it is,” Elrich said.
Read the full story from Big League Politics
Want more BFT? Leave us a voicemail on our page or follow us on Twitter @BFT_Podcast and Facebook @BluntForceTruthPodcast. We want to hear from you! There’s no better place to get the #BluntForceTruth.